Railroad Forums 

• MRC original decoders

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1329884  by cnj1524

I have afew of these old decoders(2-digit address)but I do not recall being able to change from 28 step to 128 step
speed and I havent tried changing address as I just installed 1 into a locomotive that Im selling,Im just drawing a
blank on what limited features they have,they have to be about 15 years old,anyone remember these???
 #1329947  by Backshophoss

Support and programming info for MRC decoders is sparse to nonexisitant at best.
If you have access to JMRI's decoder pro 3,try programming the decoders on that platform.
 #1333153  by ApproachMedium

they are not 128 speed step compatible. They also do not follow any of the NMRA programming specs. These decoders are terrible.