Railroad Forums 

• MP15 in a Smurf paintjob??

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1076302  by CFD125

Ok guys, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I have an old issue of the Pan Am Clipper magazine that shows what looks to be an MP15 switcher in full Smurf paint.

It is sort of a far away shot, and the switcher is handling a track machine that they are referring to as a "plow". It is not a snowplow, maybe for ballast?

I just bought an Atlas Genesis H.O custom painted Smurf MP15 on ebay, and liked the paint job on the switcher even thought I new it didn't really exist, it is numbered BM 172...Then I saw the article in the Clipper, and there it was...I swear it.

Am I crazy?? Is there really a light blue & charcoal MP15 out there? Any body have any pictures?

Does the guy that custom painted this HO model know something I don't?

Here is what I got. BTW the paint job looks better in the picture than real life.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300754544058?ss ... 1439.l2648
 #1076387  by CFD125

Well, I just found a magnifying glass and concentrated on the two tiny photos in that edition of the Clipper.

I am convinced that I can read the cab number boards on a light blue & charcoal MP15 as being unit # 172.

I"m really starting to believe this myth exists, but cannot find a picture anywhere on th internet.

Is it taboo to take a picture of the picture in the Clipper and post it? I cannot scan anything, but also don't want to infringe on any copyrights.
 #1076484  by jr145

CFD125 wrote:Well, I just found a magnifying glass and concentrated on the two tiny photos in that edition of the Clipper.

I am convinced that I can read the cab number boards on a light blue & charcoal MP15 as being unit # 172.

I"m really starting to believe this myth exists, but cannot find a picture anywhere on th internet.

Is it taboo to take a picture of the picture in the Clipper and post it? I cannot scan anything, but also don't want to infringe on any copyrights.

You shouldn't have an issue since you won't be claiming the work as your own.

Also the "plow" may have been a jet snow blower, like this one: http://www.largescaleonline.com/eimages ... Blower.jpg
 #1076748  by CFD125

I"m going to have to say that the GMTX #116 is the switcher I am seeing in the Clipper issue.

Wishful thinking on my part, I guess. Sure looks like a smurf paint job to me.

Thanks for clearing up the mystery for me.

We now return you to your regulularly scheduled Blue Dip paintjobs.