Railroad Forums 

• Movie: "The Last Station"

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#777202  by Allen Hazen

The recent movie, "The Last Station," starring (among human actors) Christopher Plummer as Leo Tolstoy and Helen Mirren as his wife, also has a number of railroad scenes. (Hint: Tolstoy actually died at a railway station, having been put up through his last days in the ?? stationmaster's house ?? , and various characters travel there to see him.)
It is set in Russia in the first decade of the 20th Century, but I believe filmed in Germany. Steam locomotive seen in various scenes has a number plate reading 08.XXX (I didn't catch the last three digits): looks as if it might well be the right period, but probably German and not Russian. Can anyone identify it? (Sorry: I have reference books on American, British, Australian and French locomotives, but not German!)
(Also posted to "Locomotives and Rolling Stock- General" forum)