Railroad Forums 

• MOVIE: Batman: The Dark Knight

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#557699  by scotty269

If anyone else was paying attention to detail, you saw that Amtrak 30 and a set of Horizons in Surfliner service were in the background in one of the outdoors scenes towards the latter half of the movie. I'll be seeing it again in IMAX soon, so I'll get a rough estimate on when they're shown.
 #559900  by Lucius Ameri

Surfliner service? Wouldn't it be Hiawatha or Illinois or Missouri service? The scene you are describing is when Two-Face kills "the Italian's" driver and the car goes off to the side and flips over. The movie was extensively filmed in Chicago, and there are two scenes where you can see the railroad bridges by Amtrak's 18th Street Yard in the background.
 #560219  by scotty269

That's what I get for writing this at a late hour ;). They were not Surfliner service cars, just regular Horizons and Amtrak engines. I don't know why I thought they were Surfliner...
 #560278  by Lucius Ameri

1:44am is quite a late hour... This time it's ok, but next time...watch your back... :wink: lol
 #560325  by scotty269

Lucius Ameri wrote:1:44am is quite a late hour... This time it's ok, but next time...watch your back... :wink: lol
2:44, actually.
 #560917  by atsf sp

Yes I noticed them. There were about three AMTRAK P42's in the movie. Also you could see a station for the Loop earlier in the movie.
 #562468  by Otto Vondrak

I thought my mind was playing tricks on me when I thought I saw a Chicago South Shore & South Bend logo flash by... but then it made sense when I recognized the chase scene through Randolph Station.

-otto-
 #563729  by Lucius Ameri

mrconductor55 wrote:I don't know if anyone noticed, but they used a CTA bus in one scene repainted to say GTA Gotham Transit Authority instead of Chicago Transit Authority
That added a real nice authentic touch to it all...
 #563786  by pennsy

Considering the latest rash of "accidents" that have befallen the stars of Batman, it has been suggested that movies with Batman in it are cursed. They cite all that has happened to these people since the first Batman movie. Rather eerie thoughts about the series.