Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#250719  by MNRR PA OPERATOR

One thing i HATE when u ride the New York City Transit subway system, is when u catch Train Operators. I call people Train Operators when they are afraid of the train, operate slowly and unsafely. Two examples of Train Operators was, I was riding a E train from Sutphin to 51st street to catch the 6 into Grand Central to go to work. The Train Operator not only hit the brakes UNNECESSARY on the downhill from Roosevelt to Queens Plaza, but he was messing up on the timers in 53rd street, and upon arrival at lexington avenue 53rd street, he hit the brakes sooo hard he almost had a woman fall. They probably would have taken him out of service if she was injured. In Metro North, the Trainmaster would have been all over the engineer for that. Where was a Motorinstructor when we needed one? Then the worst was yesterday, i left my car at astoria boulevard on the N line, and i caught a R40 Slant to return to my car. The Train Operator was sooo scared of the timers in the 59th street tubes, he hit the brakes FIVE TIMES!

Why do some people operate like that? Inattentiveness in schoolcar? or do they NOT understand what R.T.O Means? RAPID TRANSIT OPERATIONS. There is a way to operate rapid, but SAFELY