Railroad Forums 

• Mother Seton train show.....

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#106157  by Jtgshu

Anyone going to the Mother Seton train show on Sunday, March 13?

Im heading up there sometime on Sunday after I get up from working late Sat night............

I got a few things on my wish list!!!
 #106191  by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:Anyone going to the Mother Seton train show on Sunday, March 13?

Im heading up there sometime on Sunday after I get up from working late Sat night............

I got a few things on my wish list!!!
Really? Train show at Seton Hall, huh? I sure wish Rutgers had that. That would be real convenient for me to go too. Just jump on the Gladstone Train and I'm there (minus the 15 minute wait at Summit.)

Where exactly and when exactly is it running on Sunday?

#106213  by Ken W2KB

Not Seton Hall in South Orange, but Mother Seton school in Clark; it is a good rail fleamarket.

http://www.jcrhs.org/rrshow.html

This Saturday the annual EastRail multimedia railroad slide/audio show takes place at Warren Hills Regional High School, in Washington, Warren County. Highly recommended.

http://www.urhs.org/events.html#eastRAIL

#106244  by nick11a

Ken W2KB wrote:Not Seton Hall in South Orange, but Mother Seton school in Clark; it is a good rail fleamarket.

http://www.jcrhs.org/rrshow.html

This Saturday the annual EastRail multimedia railroad slide/audio show takes place at Warren Hills Regional High School, in Washington, Warren County. Highly recommended.

http://www.urhs.org/events.html#eastRAIL
Drat! Sounds like a good time. Unfortunately, Clark and Warren Counties are a little bit out of my way. Clark isn't that far from me- but not having full access to a car leaves only catching an eastbound at Bound Brook and jumping off at Clark. :wink:

Well have a good time then all who is going and I'll be there in spirit.

#106247  by JLo

RVL to Westfield and walk about a mile and half. I also think there is a bus from Elizabeth Station to Clark, the 112?

#106460  by Don31

I live about 5 minutes from Mother Seton, never went to a train show there.

Is it the typical show? Models? paper goods? stuff like that?

JLo, I think its more than a mile and a half up Central Avenue. My guess is its closer to three.

#106461  by Don31

Don31 wrote: Is it the typical show? Models? paper goods? stuff like that?
I should've checked the link before asking the question.

#106526  by Camelback

JLo wrote:RVL to Westfield and walk about a mile and half. I also think there is a bus from Elizabeth Station to Clark, the 112?
I think it is a shorter walk by taking the NEC to Rahway than Raritan Valley to Westfield. Even so, it is at least two miles from Rahway. But it is easier to get a cab ride from Rahway.

#106544  by Don31

Camelback wrote:
JLo wrote:RVL to Westfield and walk about a mile and half. I also think there is a bus from Elizabeth Station to Clark, the 112?
I think it is a shorter walk by taking the NEC to Rahway than Raritan Valley to Westfield. Even so, it is at least two miles from Rahway. But it is easier to get a cab ride from Rahway.
lots of cabs at Linden as well.

#106853  by CNJFAN

Either Westfield or Rahway is quite a walk.

#106871  by BlockLine_4111

IIRC this is the campus near n/b GSP entrance 135. Y/N ?

IIRC they have been doing this show for 2 decades or longer, used to heavily advertise in the Blockline and maybe Railpace too.

Can anyone confirm if this is true ?

Supposedly BobbyS was to attend today, left me a message.

#106874  by Lackawanna484

BlockLine_4111 wrote:IIRC this is the campus near n/b GSP entrance 135. Y/N ?

IIRC they have been doing this show for 2 decades or longer, used to heavily advertise in the Blockline and maybe Railpace too.

Can anyone confirm if this is true ?

Supposedly BobbyS was to attend today, left me a message.
Yes, right on the circle, east side

Yes, at least 20 years. It began as the Jersey Central's main fund raiser after they separated from Tri-State circa 1980. (Hey, how do you know that? You're not that old...)

#107098  by BigDell

They've been around since I was a lanky 20-something...
I always enjoy that show. Did anyone make it? I was there last year and the previous couple... could not attend this year as I was at a Christening.
How was the show??

When is the next show at Raritan Center? I'm planning to attend...
BigDell

#107106  by Don31

BigDell wrote:They've been around since I was a lanky 20-something...
I always enjoy that show. Did anyone make it? I was there last year and the previous couple... could not attend this year as I was at a Christening.
How was the show??

When is the next show at Raritan Center? I'm planning to attend...
BigDell
It was pretty good BigDell. I came home with about $150 worth of old CNJ track plans and blueprints. The Raritan Center show, not as good, was last weekend.

#107136  by BigDell

It was pretty good BigDell. I came home with about $150 worth of old CNJ track plans and blueprints. The Raritan Center show, not as good, was last weekend.
Thats why I love the Mother Seton show. So much more CNJ-centric (and other local rr's we like), IMO... I bought a BEAUTIFUL print last year of a LV switcher and some cars at the docks in JC looking across at the still-under-construction Twin Towers. Its an amazing photos. The landfill that would become battery park city was not there yet and the towers were practically on the water...

A pity I missed the show this year....
Thanks for the info!
BigDell