Railroad Forums 

• Most Embarrassing Railfan Moment

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#249033  by Hudson Terminus

Well, everyone MUST have at least something.....

Here's one to start....

Today!

Was out taking pictures along the NEC at Halethorpe MD during the PM rush...in my haste to get into a good position to photograph a meet between Acela sets, I split my jeans down the front....a nice grapefruit-sized hole. Ordinarily, this would not be such a disaster (actually, yes...it's probably always a disaster).....except for the fully-loaded MARC train parked at the station unloading passengers. Yikes. I quickly gathered my things and jogged (awkwardly) to my car. I pulled a blanket over me to hide my face as the disembarking commuters made their way to their cars.

!!

#249199  by CarterB

While land-locked salmon fishing in Maine years back, during a lull in fishing, friend and I explored the old MEC ROW near Oquossoc, ME. ROW was on a curving hillside above the Rangeley River.

We rounded a bend and came face to face with a Bull Moose.

We stopped. Moose put head down and pawed ground. We MOVED!!

But..........no place to go and certainly couldn't outrun the Moose.

I grabbed a tree branch along the upside of the ROW and pulled self up. Friend tumbled down the downside embankment into the river!! It was early May.....just after 'ice-out'.

Moose kept on truckin' and charged right on past, head down and around the bend outta sight.

"We petitioned the local game warden to ordinance Moose (or is that Meese?) to from then on wear headlights, and sound two long warning blasts when coming around bends!!" He laughed like hell!!