Railroad Forums 

• Morristown & Erie track Gang working near Kuiken Brother

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#920693  by ns3010

The Kuiken in Succasunna only opened last week, so those cars at BVR were probably for Blue Ridge.

Somewhat OT, but funny-
I was on the Toys For Tots train, and I boarded at BVR. When we pulled up to wait for the train, I saw an empty centerbeam sitting on the main, and thought "I wonder if they know that's there...". Well, apparently they didn't realize that until they got there. So we had to couple up and shove it into the Kenvil Team Track before we could get on our way. D'OH! :-)
 #921033  by cjvrr

Blue Ridge Lumber offloads at Berkshire Valley Road and trucks the product to their facility

The County has received funding to redesign / rebuild the team track. An additional siding and paving work will be installed to ease loading and offloading.
 #922120  by JPG76

R36 Combine Coach wrote:Blue Ridge on 46 was formerly was formerly Wickes, which was previously at the Kuiken site.
Blue Ridge is on rt 46, the old Roxbury Lumber yard.

Kuiken in on rt 10, the old Wickes Lumber yard.
 #922201  by RS115

You are both correct: Wickes was on 10 (the current Kuikens) they then moved to Rt 46 briefly (at least it seemed brief but may have been a couple of years) before Blue Ridge came in - presumably after Wickes bankruptcy and eventual closing of many stores before they were ultimately acquired and the Wickes name went away entirely.