Railroad Forums 

• Morning Sun Buffalo Division book out now

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#714178  by nydepot

The new Morning Sun "Lehigh Valley Facilities In Color Volume 3: Buffalo Division" is out now. Just ordered mine. Should be here mid-week.

Hope it's better than the DL&W Buffalo Division one. That one is riddled with errors.

Charles
 #714392  by DElder

Charles:
If you're a LV fan, I seriously doubt that you'll be disappointed with "Facilities Vol. 3". Don't know if you've seen Mike Bednar's other books/publications, but his stuff is generally recognized as being both highly entertaining and "dead-on" accurate. (Hey, he was there, and he knows the folks who were also there!) I received my copy this past weekend, and spent a very enjoyable couple evenings going through it. Great pictures from locations that I've seen virtually nothing on in the past, and great text/captions. (And for the nit-pickers, I think that I caught only a single typo, but then again, I was enjoying the content way too much to be concerned about stuff like that.)

While Vol 3 is the end of the "Facilities" series, I'm certainly hopeful that Mike has more material in mind for additional books, as I suspect that I'm not the only one who really enjoys anything that he puts together!
Doug
 #714572  by nydepot

Thanks for the mini review. I'm not a bad nitpicker - it's just that the DL&W book had more errors than it should have. All books have at least one error. The DL&W book skipped places too. It seemed rather than search out a photo of a station, if the author never made it there, then it was skipped - a lot.

Charles