Railroad Forums 

• Morning Express - Port Washington Branch

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1596219  by RGlueck

I've never heard of the name "Morning Express", so I'll guess it was a fast train into Jamaica. Dig that high wheeled, Camelback "American"! I love modernized 4-4-0's as they appeared at the beginning of the 20th century. They were sleek, all business, and weren't confused with cowboys on the range. Nice image.
 #1596243  by MACTRAXX

Steve - Interesting 1905 PW postcard - was the postmark readable or a copyright to determine the date?
Electrification reached Port Washington in 1913 likely making 1905 the correct year of the card.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Washington_Branch

RG - The definition of the destination probably was Long Island City...Remember that the Port Washington Branch
does not go through Jamaica - 1905 was five years before Penn Station opened...

In the LIRR picture topic you mention that FA #603 is slated for display at "Railfest" -
If you are refering to RMLI Riverhead Railfest - that event has been cancelled for 2022 and replaced by two
Rail Flea Market weekend events one month apart: July 30-31 and August 27-28 (which would have been the
scheduled Railfest weekend) and visiting model railroad organizations on designated June-July-August
weekends - Contact RMLI President Don Fisher for more information on the upcoming 2022 RMLI events.
On a related Riverhead matter the 2022 Polish Town Festival scheduled for August 20-21 has been cancelled.

RMLI was off the original topic but should be mentioned...MACTRAXX