Railroad Forums 

• more frequencies for CSX?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#383344  by dummy

up here in new york state CSX has been using more channels to ease radio congestion on the road channels. have they done the same in pennsylvania? also most of the hotbox detectors up here still call out CONRAIL over the air. do they do the same down your way ? just wondering. thanks.

#383679  by scooter3798

I don't know about the former Conrail line through Erie, or the stuff in eastern PA, but as far as Sand Patch goes they are still on the road channel, 160.230 and #94, 161.520 (off the top of my head I think that is the frequency for 94). On the topic of detectors though, I know that NS still has some that say Conrail, I think most are in the eastern part of the state though, so someone from over that way could probably help you out with that.

Scooter

#383873  by EMTRailfan

I railfanned Northeast, PA on4/3/07 and made the same inquire about the new freqs. and got this link in the reply. http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37060
Through PA on the Chicago Line is "NH".
CSX Y120 uses 160.800 to switch Erie.
As far as your question on detectors, the one in Northeast broadcasts CSX, but I did hear one the other day broadcast a Conrail. Not sure whether it was the one in Ripley or not. Only heard it once.

#384889  by dummy

ok. thank you. just so you know, the road freqs here in western ny for CSX are 160.800 and 161.400. here its the "NF" dispatcher.