Railroad Forums 

• More Atlas GP40-2W schemes on the way

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1118437  by timberley

For anyone interested in CN's GP40-2W, or some of the second hand owners of these locomotives, Atlas has announced the second run of their HO model with additional road names and numbers.

http://www.atlasrr.com/HOLoco/hogp40-2w ... Mi4ALYtc00

New schemes include:
-CN Zebra stripe on "early" version (no ditch lights, forward horn, etc)
-CN North America Map
-Aberdeen, Carolina and Western
-Central Michigan
-Huron and Eastern
-PanAm Railways
-Undecs

Also more GO Transit numbers announced.

Despite some dimensional issues with the cab, these are very well done locomotives. The details are excellent, and they run fantastically well. The new schemes should appeal to a wider base of modellers as well. I know I've seen some PanAm guys on here in the past...I expect this should be good news for them!