Railroad Forums 

• Moderator policies

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#129474  by crazy_nip

Im not going to name names, but im sure you can figure it out

#129659  by CRail

It may be helpful to direct the people who you want to help to the problem, complaining about it does nothing.

#129760  by Robert Paniagua

Nip, I understand your rants, and I agree with CRail, you should PM or email those who you think have edited or purged your material rather than publicly complaining here. Just a suggestion...

-Robert MBTA Red Line Official Rider

#130620  by Derek Bernier

crazy_nip wrote:It really irks me when my posts are edited

especially when they do not break any single forum rule

this is especially true on one certain forum

a certain moderator seems to edit them at will

if my posts break any rules, i dont have any problem with them being deleted, but when they are altered to the point that I dont even recognize them, it makes me mad sometimes...

You know, my friend, I know who it could be, but if they were NOT abusive, then I'll explain to him that you did nothing wrong.

#138704  by Guest

You really should tell your moderators not to engage in ad hominem attacks. I'm fed up with the behavior of at least one person who represents you. This moderator reflects poorly on you.

#138723  by Otto Vondrak

Unless that moderator's name is Otto Vondrak, he certainly doesn't represent me. Care to send me a message off-line and let me know what the situation is? We can't do anything if we don't know about it.

-otto-

#138755  by Guest

From my viewpoint, the actions of the moderators reflect on the site and the people who run it. That would be you. When the moderator sends me a private message containing a personal insult, it reflects poorly on you and this site.

I'll give it a hint -- It's the same moderator that caused me to start this thread several weeks ago.

#138779  by Derek Bernier

Bob Scheurle wrote:From my viewpoint, the actions of the moderators reflect on the site and the people who run it. That would be you. When the moderator sends me a private message containing a personal insult, it reflects poorly on you and this site.

I'll give it a hint -- It's the same moderator that caused me to start this thread several weeks ago.
hey buddy.......

why don't you do yourself a favor..

go down to the cool water pool and take a DEEP breath, man, you gotta leave Otto alone, what got you upset with him??

#138797  by Otto Vondrak

Bob, I can't help you with what I don't know about. Please e-mail me or PM me, and I'll help you resolve the issue. Better yet, I'll give you my home number and we can discuss it further.

-otto-

#138856  by ANDY117

Bob, calm down...We all understand you don't like otto.

#138910  by AmtrakFan

Bob,
Maybe you need to stop cool down and look at what you have said.

#138928  by F3A

Pehaps we would all be better served if Bob Scheurle stayed permanently over at the Transit Forum of New Jersey Online.

http://www.nj.com/forums/transit/

Your personality suits you better over there, and that way we won't have to deal with your consistently negative attitude.

Bye Bob!

"Don't let the door hit ya....etc etc"

#142349  by CS

(kinda off topic)
While we are talking about moderating, and the decisions moderator's make, I believe I had the toughest encounter of any moderator anywhere on the internet. This involved the Democratic National Convention in Boston and "suspicious" post - can't remember what it exactly was but the poster (who never posted prior to that post) was asking for information that seemed off (North Station in Boston is under the Fleetcenter, where the DNC was) and many posters got vocal saying it was a violation of national security - then other posters also got vocal saying that anyone who thinks the guy is going to do something bad is a nut job. And an all out flame was with liberals vs conservatives masked in a thread about the DNC was occurring as well, at the same time. So I said the hell with it, and deleted the "suspicious" post and locked the political thread. Couple months later, someone notifies me that I am in some railfan newspaper portrayed as a sorta Nazi-eque edit happy tyrant. Nice to know they read the forum...
Morale of this story is that Moderator's have an extremely tough job and moderating a high use forum is even tougher as more outside sources are eyeing your actions. There are users who despise moderators, and sometimes I can see why, but other times they just don't want some random guy telling them what to do and how to do it. Please understand what we are trying to do and while I can't speak for many others, myself and Robert Paniagua have good intentions in mind.

I also have to mention Mr. Norman - he is hands down, the most powerful man on the internet (next to Otto, Mike and Jesse :wink: ) and has done a great job moderating what I consider to be the flagship forum of railroad.net, and has done it since moderators were introduced to these forums.

And give the admins some too, they got alot to deal with.