Railroad Forums 

• Moderator policies

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#123554  by CNJ

Bob Scheurle wrote:CNJ,

#1 - I'm not a moderator

#2 - Don't be so sensitive

#2 Back at ya RE the NJT moderator big guy..... :wink:

So can we let this thing die already?

The staff is gonna think the lot of us are nuts!
Last edited by CNJ on Tue May 03, 2005 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#123624  by John_Henry

[quote="CNJ"]

The staff is gonna thing the lot of us are nuts![/quote]

No, it is not going to die unless the moderators in question change their ways.

The "seemingly" random acts of moderation and post changing are part of the reason I use a pseudonym here, but not elsewhere... I want my words to be my words.

The staff can think a lot of things, mostly I believe they think good things, but in this case I hope they are thinking "yeah, we need to reel moderator XYZ in before he scares a lot of people off."

JH

#123785  by Robert Paniagua

I have learned a lot of life lessons from him.

Yes, you have, Mr. Poshepny. You and Mr. Norman get along there in the forum, and a little side fact that you two live just close to each other outside Chicago and I reside 1050 miles due east :-)

I also like his moderating style, I feel it's fair and he's doing a decent job.

#123813  by Mark Schweber

I think this has been a valuable conversation.

I note that the NJT moderator now indicates that he will leave a notation when editing posts and will give a reason for locking a thread and I commend him for listening and responding to feedback.

So, for me at least, this issue is now closed.

#127591  by Otto Vondrak

I don't know what the situation is. Copyright infrinegement or not, this site has some specific guidelines regarding quoted material (mostly because we don't want to become a "dump" for copy-and-pasted materials). They may or may not jive with what other people's perceptions are... but like we said before, our moderators support our policies, and we, in turn, support our moderators.

-otto-

#127790  by charlie6017

Speaking of moderating, has anyone stepped up yet to take over my forums?

#128702  by AmtrakFan

Robert Paniagua wrote:I have learned a lot of life lessons from him.

Yes, you have, Mr. Poshepny. You and Mr. Norman get along there in the forum, and a little side fact that you two live just close to each other outside Chicago and I reside 1050 miles due east :-)

I also like his moderating style, I feel it's fair and he's doing a decent job.
I live 4 Miles from Him and I haven't met him that's on Summers to do list.

#128829  by Robert Paniagua

I live 4 Miles from Him and I haven't met him that's on Summers to do list.

Thta's great. You are both neighbors so to speak. Glad you and the Amtrak Mod will get to say hi to each other, while I'm 1040 miles east of you LOL! :-D

#129295  by crazy_nip

It really irks me when my posts are edited

especially when they do not break any single forum rule

this is especially true on one certain forum

a certain moderator seems to edit them at will

if my posts break any rules, i dont have any problem with them being deleted, but when they are altered to the point that I dont even recognize them, it makes me mad sometimes...

#129296  by crazy_nip

John_Henry wrote:The "seemingly" random acts of moderation and post changing are part of the reason I use a pseudonym here, but not elsewhere... I want my words to be my words.
I agree completely

#129363  by Guest

crazy_nip wrote:It really irks me when my posts are edited
especially when they do not break any single forum rule
this is especially true on one certain forum
a certain moderator seems to edit them at will
if my posts break any rules, i dont have any problem with them being deleted, but when they are altered to the point that I dont even recognize them, it makes me mad sometimes...
Which forum is that? That way I can avoid it.

Note to railroad.net staff: The job title is <U>moderator</U>, not <U>editor</U>. There's a very big difference.