• Modeling HO - New Haven Electrics

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by chnhrr

I would have placed this in on the Railroad Modeling forum, but I thought this would reach a more targeted audience. Having read in recent modeling publications, MTH has come out with HO versions of the Milwaukee Road electric locomotives, specifically the EP-2 “Bipolar” and the soon to come EP-4/EF-4 “Little Joe”. I sent the company an email suggesting that they should consider reproducing some of the New Haven electrics. They have produced some of these, including the EP-3 boxcab in O scale. I received a response, but in deference to the representative from the manufacturer I will not disclose the content. If you are interested in a future New Haven HO product, you may want to contact MTH as well. It could get the ball rolling.

http://www.mthtrains.com/
  by Otto Vondrak

chnhrr wrote:I would have placed this in on the Railroad Modeling forum, but I thought this would reach a more targeted audience. Having read in recent modeling publications, MTH has come out with HO versions of the Milwaukee Road electric locomotives, specifically the EP-2 “Bipolar” and the soon to come EP-4/EF-4 “Little Joe”. I sent the company an email suggesting that they should consider reproducing some of the New Haven electrics. They have produced some of these, including the EP-3 boxcab in O scale. I received a response, but in deference to the representative from the manufacturer I will not disclose the content. If you are interested in a future New Haven HO product, you may want to contact MTH as well. It could get the ball rolling.

http://www.mthtrains.com/

Are we campaigning for New Haven electric in general, or for a specific model? Let's not forget, Bachmann Spectrum released a New Haven/VGN E-33 a few years ago. Electrics are a tough sell for a mass-market manufacturer... Why don't you ask if you can share the contents of the MTH response, I'd like to know the other half of the conversation...

-otto-
  by chnhrr

Otto

MTH by releasing two types of the Milwaukee Road HO electrics has decided for the moment to break away from the standard fare and leave the production of the typical ‘yawner’ diesel locomotives to others. MTH should be familiar New Haven electrics, since it has produced the following in O scale, EP-3, EP-5, EF-3B and EF-4 (E-33).

It would be nice to see at least the first three listed locomotive types released in HO. This would give modellers/collectors an option to old or used brass units which are often problematic and lack current technological advancements – not to mention being scarce and overpriced.

In general, the response from the comapny was as such:
1) MTH does not discuss future product development (That’s understandable)
2) My suggestion was appreciated and would be forwarded to the marketing department
3) Periodically check the website for new items or news of future releases

Chuck AKA chnhrr
  by R.Abramson

I have done research for MTH for their NH models and other roads. I have dropped numerous hints for a NH motor. I think a Jet, EF-4 or EP-3, etc would be big hits.
The operating (up and down) pans on the Little Joe and Bipolar are spectacular!
  by chnhrr

Walthers will be offering its 64 seat Pullman-Standard coach in a New Haven scheme. I have also come across a small company, Island Modelworks that produces a resin version of both the coach and combine “Washboards” MU units.