Railroad Forums 

• MMA Minor Derailment Brownville Jct - 06-25-2012

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1057839  by roberttosh

Were those tank cars part of the unit Oil train? If so, Irving can't be too happy about them cracking up the second test train. Not sure exactly what he meant, but happened to run into a Pan Am Train Engineer the other day and he said that Pan Am has "won" the Oil contract and that it would be @ 5 trains per month. The guy was clearly a Pan Am Engineer (we talked for a while), but unless I hear it from someone in the Executive wing, I tend to be somewhat skeptical, but still thought I'd mention it.
 #1058100  by sandyriverman

I believe that the derailed tank cars, in the photo I posted, were some of the empty cars from the first crude train to come though Brownville a few weeks back. The balance of them went westbound towards Sherbrooke Sunday night according to a friend who works around there.

SRM