Railroad Forums 

• MMA freight out of Brownville?

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#709396  by xrywinx

Hey all,
I live in Westbrook & was thinking of heading up to Brownville Jct. late this week/early next week to see if I can spot any freights heading out to Montreal. I don't get up that way often but have some time before the apple harvest really gets into gear. Me & a friend want to catch some photo ops & perhaps camp out nearby. May only have time to see the yard & hopefully see something pull out. Anyone know when the Montreal bound train usually heads out? I was camped up toward Moosehead near the tracks in Elliotsville & heard something go by in the wee hours while I slept (wasn't sure if it was Eastbound or Westbound) Unfortuantely missed seeeing it. But I'd love to see an MMA train! The only one I've ever seen was after it interchanged with Vermont Rail System south of Newport, VT. It's been a good train Summer. Seen trains from Vermont to Vancouver, BC & everywhere in between. Love to see this one before Summer's end. Thanks for the help.
-Ryan
 #711187  by baldy

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but......The westbound leaves Millinocket around 2300 on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Return leaves Megantic on Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights. Departure from Megantic depends on when the connecting train arrives from Montreal. All times are subject to change depending on cirumstances. You mentioned that you camped at Elliotsville and I'm assuming that you have a scanner, if so set it to 161.115 (Should you get up there again).This is the channel used by the train and dispatcher. But the nice thing about this is a talking detector in Elliotsville, it reads the number of axels and from that you can determine approximately how many cars are on the train. Don't plan to get up and see the train, it will be on the crossing at Bodfish within a couple of mins. Of course the last I knew it was operating, It may not be now. Hope this helps.
 #711570  by xrywinx

Thanks so much! Looks like a beautiful week so I'll be hoping to spot it either tomorrow or the one coming for Megantic the following night. Too bad it's so late in the evening, but I'll manage. Thanks again.