Railroad Forums 

• MILW - America's Resourceful Railroad

• Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.
Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.

Moderator: Komachi

#1541865  by gokeefe

Given the broken link in the original post it seems appropriate to repurpose the thread with this excellent video from The Milwaukee Road's Public Relations Department.

Mr. Norman, your former offices may make an appearance at about the 17:00 mark. I presume none of the faces will be familiar but "who knows". Curious to read your reaction to this video.
 #1542196  by Gilbert B Norman

Oh yes, Fullerton & Southport. By the time I hired on during June '70, most of the "armies" shown had been decimated. During '72, all the offices were moved to CUS.

The building was sold and the developers figured "we will just chop it down". Only problem, it wouldn't come down, so they "repurposed" it. It stands to this day and has become a retirement community.

Otherwise, locations at Western Ave, Bensenville, and MILW Shops appear authentic.

I left "before The End" at end of December '81 (whoops, one day during Jan '82 - and it was a productive day as I recall - to qualify for four weeks vacation pay) with "mixed" memories.
 #1542293  by gokeefe

Were they still using the card system shown when you got there? Seems as though it would have been brand new in the late 40s.