Railroad Forums 

• Mileage From Little Ferry to Bingo

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#41358  by trainfreak

Hello forum im hoping someone can fill be in on this. But how many miles will the SU100s and SU99s traverse between Little Ferry and Binghamton? I would figure between 150 and 200 miles. If someone could fill be in that would be great. Thank you.

#41905  by rcbsd45

Mileage can be figured as follows: Binghamton is MP 214 on the Southern Tier line, while Campbell hall is MP 66, although Hudson Jct is a little over a mile east of that, so right there is 148 miles. The Hudson Secondary is approximately another 21 miles, from "HJ" to Pelton Road, Warwick. Block Station "PELTON" is MP 84. 5, while "PARK" is at approx. MP 12.5. So doing all the math, the numbers ROUGHLY add up to 242 miles, give or take a few. That should be not too far off from the actual mileage, but is only to the "Yard Limit" sign at the east end of the RR, while MP 214 in Binghamton is pretty much at the BD diamond. This should help put things in perspective....

#41954  by Phase Gap

Don't forget the double milepost from just west of middletown to cp howells.

#41959  by trainfreak

The road trains really travel some distance to get down into NJ. I thought that the Hudson Secondary was longer then 21 miles but i guess i was wrong.

#42441  by Lackawanna484

trainfreak wrote:The road trains really travel some distance to get down into NJ. I thought that the Hudson Secondary was longer then 21 miles but i guess i was wrong.
I think the distance from Pelton to SJ is about 18 miles, so the 21 miles from Pelton through Warwick to Hudson Jct sounds about right.