Railroad Forums 

• Middleboro yard

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#146182  by Robert Paniagua

CSX Conductor wrote:Not a problem Robert, afterall, thats why we are all on here.....to ask questions and answer other members' questions, right? :-)
Yes, that's right on. Especially with you, the Fright/Amtrak/subway expert :-) I'm just trying to learn all about regular (non-rapid transit) railroads, I already know a whole ton about Rapid Transit, so now, I wanted to learn all the CSX routes here and now I know what goes on behind the scenes.
 #146186  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

GP40MC1118 wrote:So any cars coming from New Bedford or Fall River are now brought to Middleboro instead of being left on the NB mainline at Cotely Jct?

Dave
who are those cars left for? B726?

#146882  by CSX Conductor

Yes MBTA F40. The Selkirks go up to Attleboro on B726 (MI-01) where they are passed of to FR-35 (B725), which takes them to Framingham and most of them usually depart that morning for Selkirk on Q437. :wink:
 #148013  by Fogg1703

CSX has regained some long lost (Conrail) traffic around Middleboro in the past couple of weeks. Ocean Spray in Middleboro is recieving the ocaisonal boxcar and Stock Building Products which now occupies the former Cameron Ashley facility off Rt 18 in Lakeville is now recieving boxcars and centerbeams of lumber

Brian

#148160  by CSX Conductor

Actually, Stock Builders is not "lost" traffic or business. They were in Norwood on the East Walpole Industrial right up until relocating to their new location back in the winter. :wink: