Railroad Forums 

• Micro-trains positive customer service story

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1102933  by bill8106

Since positive customer service stories seem all too rare these days, I figured I'd share a good experience that I just had with Micro-trains.

I'm getting around to decorating a pair of old n-scale Atlas/Kato RS11s and converting them to MT couplers. I went to the MT website, and on one page it said that conversion kit #1152 (the kit for RS3s) fit RS11s, and another page showed a dedicated kit for RS11s, #1150. There was an email address to send questions about conversions so I sent a quick note. The rep, Joe D'Amato, responded to go with the #1152s.

To make a long story short, I bought two packs of #1152s and the conversion plugs didn't fit in the RS11 pilots (the plugs are too small). I contacted Joe and after trading a few emails, he sent me the correct ones. And he was pleasant to deal with during the entire exchange.

Not only do I have a warm and fuzzy feeling for MT, but now I have an excuse to buy a few RS3s because I can't let the 1152s go to waste, can I?!?

Bill
 #1108237  by jmp883

I'm not surprised to hear a positive story regarding M/T. Granted I'm only on their website once a month to check out the new releases, and it's hard to get the feel of a company just by reading and looking at their website, but yet I'm not surprised.

I've never had any mounting issues with any of the M/T couplers yet, but it is nice to know that customer service is very helpful. I do have an old DL&W E-8 that I would like to convert to M/T's. Once I find out who made the E-8 I'll look it up on the website and if I can't find the information there I'll most certainly be sending an e-mail of my own.

Hopefully I'll be able to add another good experience story dealing with M/T. :)