Railroad Forums 

• Metuchen Yard Operations and Vicinity

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1062617  by nick11a

TAMR213 wrote:
nick11a wrote:
TAMR213 wrote:Heard ME-2 head south(west) around 4:30 this afternoon. Just heard CETC-8 give them permission up to the signal at County, to then wait for 2 to get by, and then start thier journey back to Metuchen Yard.
Coming back from Deans? Or coming up onto CETC-8's portion of the Millstone and waiting for the signal?

Oh, and it seems that they are letting ME-2 through County while Jersey Avenue Trains are arriving now that the freight is smaller. In the old days, once it hit around 6:00 PM, ME-2 would tie up for the night on their portion of the Millstone or on the Delco. Doesn't seem to be true anymore.
Sorry, coming up to CETC-8's signal on the Millstone Branch.
Gotcha. Thanks.
 #1063938  by nick11a

CR ME2 was on the Conrail portion of the Millstone at 5:50 PM yesterday ready to head east. CETC8 held them there for the 6:10 NJT arrival at Jersey Avenue. Once they yarded, they were allowed onto CETC8's portion of the Millstone and waited for the signal back to Metuchen Yard. They had CSXT 4429 with the caboose and 3 covered hoppers (I think... might have been 4 covered hoppers.) Nice seeing the ME2 for the first time in 5 years. The conductor, I believe, said down to me as they passed by me "so you found us" or something to that effect. Good times... good times.
 #1064000  by Jtgshu

nick11a wrote: The conductor, I believe, said down to me as they passed by me "so you found us" or something to that effect.
And then the loco blew up and the train derailed

;)
 #1064014  by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:
nick11a wrote: The conductor, I believe, said down to me as they passed by me "so you found us" or something to that effect.
And then the loco blew up and the train derailed

;)
I heard CETC8 wish them a good night once in the Metuchen Receiving Yard.... not sure he intended them that wish. :-)
 #1064030  by TAMR213

Just heard CETC-8 give a Form D to "Extra, CSX 4429" to operate west on Track 1 between Edison and Midway, so I guess there is a chance there is a business at Deans still receiving cars? About to head out for a run in the park, will see if I can catch the train heading over the bridge.
 #1064265  by nick11a

TAMR213 wrote:Just heard CETC-8 give a Form D to "Extra, CSX 4429" to operate west on Track 1 between Edison and Midway, so I guess there is a chance there is a business at Deans still receiving cars? About to head out for a run in the park, will see if I can catch the train heading over the bridge.
I heard that too on the scanner. ME2 was on their way down. I was already almost on the parkway heading home when I heard it and decided not to turn around to try and catch it.
 #1067123  by TAMR213

Just heard CETC-8 talking to ME-5 (who would normally be the yard drill, work the Mobil plant, etc). Apparently they are short on crews today so they are doing the work of ME-2 as well. Currently getting the signal from CETC-8 onto the 0 Track, and will then be heading to General Tire.
 #1068032  by nick11a

TAMR213 wrote:Just heard CETC-8 talking to ME-5 (who would normally be the yard drill, work the Mobil plant, etc). Apparently they are short on crews today so they are doing the work of ME-2 as well. Currently getting the signal from CETC-8 onto the 0 Track, and will then be heading to General Tire.
Interesting.... I imagine that doesn't happen too often.
 #1075577  by TAMR213

OCtrainguy wrote:So it seems they head out late morning and then return early to mid afternoon then based upon the recent posts.
Yes, they seem to go out late morning and clear up sometime before (or during) the evening rush, I think it depends upon circumstances though. I've only been posting reports when I've had the chance to sit and listen to my scanner and happen to hear them. For example, they don't work Deans everyday, but do work National Can, General Tire, and the Millstone Branch every weekday. Further, I'm not sure if they worked the daily customers prior to heading to Deans today, or if they might have headed back up to EDISON and then sometime later on made their way back down towards COUNTY, as I was not in front of my scanner.