Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and transit operators in California past and present including Los Angeles Metrolink and Metro Subway and Light Rail, San Diego Coaster, Sprinter and MTS Trolley, Altamont Commuter Express (Stockton), Caltrain and MUNI (San Francisco), Sacramento RTD Light Rail, and others...

Moderator: lensovet

#446628  by erielackawanna

Went out for a bit Sunday and as I was heading down the San Bernardino Frwy saw the green signal for an eastbound. Quickly raced to the Margarita Footbridge to catch this Metrolink. The track is ex Pacific Electric. Before the bus lane was added, this was double track and there was a station in the background where the two tracks are on the curve. Last PE passenger train here was around 1950 (I think.)

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 822&nseq=1

Thanks for looking... as always, corrections are welcome.

Charles Freericks
Last edited by erielackawanna on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#446789  by timz

You need to edit that link-- remove the space, and something else to make it work.

#446795  by erielackawanna

Fixed it.

Sorry.

#463318  by pennsy

Hi,

That siding was added fairly recently and is used during rush hours as a passing track. As the west bound, for LA, approaches the east bound has a red light in that siding. After the west bound passes, the east bound continues on. A convenient run around track. In the Pomona area the old Pacific Electric tracks become double tracking. This continues on well into San Bernardino County and once again becomes single tracking in the Upland area. I have been told that eventually it will all be double tracking. The San Bernardino line is the busiest of all the Metrolink lines and has the greatest number of trains per day.