• Metro proposes service cuts due to pandemic

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by STrRedWolf

https://wtop.com/tracking-metro-24-7/20 ... -stations/
With sharply reduced ridership and lacking fresh federal relief, Metro is proposing a new operating budget with a nearly $500 million deficit.

Metro General Manager Paul Wiedefeld said Monday the proposed 2021 budget includes closing Metrorail at 9 p.m., ending weekend service, closing 19 rail stations and reducing the number of trains, which would result in longer wait times.
  by davinp

That is unacceptable. Some people connect to other transit and 30 minutes is too long and will cause people to miss their connecting ride. A subway is not like a commuter rail that operates every 30 minutes like VRE doese

We'll a COVID-19 vaccine before summer, so hopefully, we return to some normalcy.
  by mtuandrew

davinp wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:00 am That is unacceptable. Some people connect to other transit and 30 minutes is too long and will cause people to miss their connecting ride. A subway is not like a commuter rail that operates every 30 minutes like VRE doese

We'll a COVID-19 vaccine before summer, so hopefully, we return to some normalcy.
I agree it’s unacceptable, but if your reps act like they aren’t answerable to anyone in the middle of a national and world crisis... this is what you get.

And at this point they may as well just sell off Van Dorn (my home station) because it’s obvious WMATA doesn’t want it. Always one of the first to go. In fact, they also got Morgan Blvd, East Falls Church, and Virginia Square, which together make up about 90% of my Metro use :angry: