Railroad Forums 

• Metro-North Rail Road Traffic Controller Trainee

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1358574  by raith

Hi Every one,

I am gonna take a test in next month for the position of Rail Road Traffic Controller Trainee. I have no idea what the test will be about. What kind of question will be asked in test?? Is there anyone who could help me out in preparing for this test??

Thanks
 #1358581  by Jeff Smith

Relocated to employment. And a (tongue in cheek) suggestion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBLHFj3bfgE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In all seriousness, good luck with the test.
 #1376510  by RailroadGirl16

Hey all!! I'm new to this site and I came across this thread.....I know it's a bit old but I was wondering if there was any more info on what to study for the traffic controller trainee position?? I have a test coming up and I want to prep as much as I can. Is the initial test a general education/aptitude? Like math, reading comprehension? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
 #1376589  by truck6018

Usually, the entry tests are on subjects you either know or don't as reading comprehension, etc. Although I never tested for RTC I would imagaine that reading comprehension specifically plays a big part of it as dispatchers are responsible for giving train orders, among other detail oriented things.