Railroad Forums 

• MEC 347 on the BNSF

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#176383  by EJ&ESDM809

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=122099. I found this photo on railpictues yesterday and thought this was very unusual to see. I Guilford engine running solo on the BNSF in Illinois. I wonder what it was doing here. I just missed it too as I was in Berwyn yesterday.

#179155  by CSX Engineer 98

Could be what Railroads call "Horsepower hours" Im sure Guilford has had BNSF run through power on there road trains from the west. So to Pay BNSF back Guilford gives BNSF Locomotives to "Run off" the useage of BNSF run through power.

#179159  by octr202

The caption information also lists the train as an NS train...not knowing Illinois, maybe this is an NS transfer move operating on the BNSF. GRS units can be seen pretty regularly on NS, repaying horsepower hours for the coal trains coming into New England.

Could also be a unit GRS assigned to NS to repay hours, and NS subsiquently sent to the BNSF to repay hours to them...so it could really be paying off two debts at once.

#180200  by MEC407

This unit is currently in Washington state on BNSF.