Railroad Forums 

• ME 18 EB through Convent Station 1230 hours

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#136353  by CGRLCDR

How was the 15 damaged? Does anyone know what happened? Also, another stupid question... what is the "Valley"?

#136364  by Lackawanna484

CGRLCDR wrote:How was the 15 damaged? Does anyone know what happened? Also, another stupid question... what is the "Valley"?
Not stupid at all, it's not a local place. Valley Railroad Museum in eastern CT. Connects with the Northeast Corridor at Old Saybrook

#136488  by Tri-State Tom

kpiersol -

Excellent photography !!

Much thanks for sharing !

#136607  by kpiersol

njt4172 wrote:Kim,

Speaking of Convent have you noticed they cleaned up and opened the small westbound station?? I was there 2 weeks ago and I was shocked to see it with clean benches! How long was it closed???

Thanks,
Steve
Steve: Took a jog on the Traction Line yesterday and the small WB station is alive and well - it looks great. Not air conditioned, though.

Does anyone know the story behind the "boarded-up" building west of the main EB station? It looks like some kind of freight station and like it hasn't been used (or even broken into) in many. many years.

Got a peak of FL-9 #289 repainted in Maine Eastern colors and logo - not a great shot but they pulled it out of the shops slightly yesterday:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... ?id=143512

Also, yes, they do move the equipment around lots - here's a shot of #18 moving the Maine Eastern F40s and #21 yesterday at the Museum:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... ?id=143511

#136959  by Lackawanna484

Does anyone know the story behind the "boarded-up" building west of the main EB station? It looks like some kind of freight station and like it hasn't been used (or even broken into) in many. many years.
Used the be the freight house. Had tracks on the rail side (where the platform is now) and a door-height freight dock.

It was open one day last year, and I noticed a large supply of bagged rock salt, some maintenance equipment, etc. Don't know if it belongs to NJT, a tenant, or the town.

#137194  by RS115

The old freight house and the non-waiting room area of the EB station have been leased for many years by Morris Township. The Freight House, as noted, is storage which the old baggage room in the station was the home of the sign department last I looked.