Railroad Forums 

• ME 1775 boxcar, what kind

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#955430  by Steve F45

Like the title says, I need to find out what kind of boxcar ME 1775 is? I want to do a model of it, but not sure what make or size the boxcar is. I emailed the ME but never got a response. Can someone help me out?
 #955564  by ns3010

50 foot boxcar. 14'6" high. Built 10/65.

Hope this helps.

I took a photo of the specs at the Toys For Tots train but didn't have a reason to, but now it came in handy! :-)
 #956451  by R36 Combine Coach

On a related note, what organization is responsible for the Toys For Tots trains? I am interested in possible volunteer opportunities.
 #956509  by ns3010

That would be the Military Transport Association. I don't know how many outside volunteers they use, but I guess it would be worth a shot.

The only reason that I was on the train last year was because my dad knows a guy who just so happened to be involved in the train. While I was technically a volunteer on the train, most of the work was handled by MTA people.
 #958939  by JPG76

If you are refering to the camo painted boxcar, I spotted it parked on the siding right next to Franklin Road in Rockaway a few months ago. It might very well still be parked there. The tracks are very close to the road so you would be able to get a good look at it.
 #963017  by Steve F45

Can anyone tell me where M&E stores this boxcar? I've emailed the m&e to ask about its dimensions for the signs on the sides but never got a response. I'de like to know if it is legally accessible so I can take a fewe measurements of those signs. If not i'll call the m&e and see if they can help.
 #963032  by blockline4180

Anyone know anything about hat old SP Boxcar that is sitting right by the switch on the old Standard Roofings siding in Cedar Knolls???
 #963136  by R36 Combine Coach

Steve F45 wrote:Can anyone tell me where M&E stores this boxcar? I've emailed the m&e to ask about its dimensions for the signs on the sides but never got a response. I'de like to know if it is legally accessible so I can take a fewe measurements of those signs. If not i'll call the m&e and see if they can help.
It's on Franklin Avenue in Rockaway, off 46 and south of Main Street.
 #963282  by riffian

R36 Combine Coach wrote:It is still there with the Amtrak Adirondack baggage car.
There is an Adirondack baggage car at Rockland on the Maine Eastern......probably the one you are referring to. Faded paint and looking seedy.
 #963355  by Steve F45

R36 Combine Coach wrote:
Steve F45 wrote:Can anyone tell me where M&E stores this boxcar? I've emailed the m&e to ask about its dimensions for the signs on the sides but never got a response. I'de like to know if it is legally accessible so I can take a fewe measurements of those signs. If not i'll call the m&e and see if they can help.
It's on Franklin Avenue in Rockaway, off 46 and south of Main Street.
im on bing maps, is it where that NJT Coach is on a siding?