Railroad Forums 

• MBTA Memorabilia?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#752092  by CRail

A T logo with the caption: We love to hate it. We hate to love it.
 #906285  by dmoisan

I love the coffee mug. I'll buy one. I used to have an MTA (NYC) Warner Brothers Store transit map mug until it cracked. I can do without some of the nastier slogans the Globe readers brought up, except: "Maybe By Tuesday Afternoon" :)
 #906300  by danib62

A little related I took a trip to ward maps on mass ave between harvard and porter and that places is impressive. They have lots of old T/MTA/BERy memorabilia and merchandise. They also had an original 39 bus schedule which had the terrible rhetorical question "When is an Arborway trolley not a trolley? When it's a bus!" *shudder*
 #906302  by danib62

A little related, I took a trip to ward maps on mass ave between harvard and porter and that place is impressive. They have lots of old T/MTA/BERy memorabilia and merchandise. They also had an original 39 bus schedule which had the terrible rhetorical question "When is an Arborway trolley not a trolley? When it's a bus!" *shudder*

Anyways I recommend that if you're in the area you go in and take a look. You won't be disappointed.
 #906304  by 3rdrail

Do they have stuff that isn't on their website from BERy/MTA ?
 #907076  by danib62

3rdrail wrote:Do they have stuff that isn't on their website from BERy/MTA ?
It's been a while since I last looked at their website but I'd say it's safe to say yes.
 #907165  by 3rdrail

I want to say no but I have to admit that I don't frequent them. In all the restaurants that I have been into, the only place that I ever saw real, authentic memorabila from the Boston area, was at Jimbos Fish Shanty on Northern Ave. The re-development down there closed them up, but I'm kicking myself that I didn't get down there when they were closing. He had a railroad motif (Jimbo was supposed to be a hobo), and the place had a ceiling model RR with some stuff on the walls. What caught my eye were a number of original South Station Track Signs - the high numbered ones that were removed when the east wing was chopped for the post office !!!! I'll bet you that they went into a dumpster.
 #907341  by Eliphaz

I recently came across a handful of brass T tokens in the pocket of a coat I havent worn in years.
dont know whether to be annoyed that I let the T keep about seven bucks, or delighted with my memorabilia collection.
I'll bet you that they went into a dumpster.
I used to work at the VA hospital. One year they "remodeled" some of the bathrooms. the contractor was very careful when he was hauling out the huge sheets of figured marble and chrome plated brass posts that had formed the dividers between the shower stalls ! that "salvage" was probobly worth more than the work he was getting paid to do !
 #907394  by danib62

Eliphaz wrote:I recently came across a handful of brass T tokens in the pocket of a coat I havent worn in years.
dont know whether to be annoyed that I let the T keep about seven bucks, or delighted with my memorabilia collection.
I'll bet you that they went into a dumpster.
I used to work at the VA hospital. One year they "remodeled" some of the bathrooms. the contractor was very careful when he was hauling out the huge sheets of figured marble and chrome plated brass posts that had formed the dividers between the shower stalls ! that "salvage" was probobly worth more than the work he was getting paid to do !
Well if you want the 7 bucks the FMVs accept tokens still and you can load them onto a charliecard. They'll get you $1.25 each.
 #907400  by diburning

If you want the 7 bucks, the Fare Vending Machines will accept them towards a ticket or charliecard, and are worth $1.25 each. They don't tell you, but if you're loading a charliecard or paying at an on-board farebox, the farebox will also accept them as $1.25.
R36 Combine Coach wrote:Any Applebee's (etc.) locations in the area have transit memorabilia?
The Dunkin Donuts at Oak Square has photo prints that they hang on their walls of PCCs, the Watertown car barn, older BERy equipment, etc, in addition to having couches and a large screen TV (that's not transit related)
 #907414  by Eliphaz

danib62 wrote:
Eliphaz wrote:I recently came across a handful of brass T tokens in the pocket of a coat I havent worn in years.
Well if you want the 7 bucks the FMVs accept tokens still and you can load them onto a charliecard. They'll get you $1.25 each.
:D thanks, I did not know that ! I think I will keep one anyway !
 #907418  by BostonUrbEx

Eliphaz wrote:
danib62 wrote:
:D thanks, I did not know that ! I think I will keep one anyway !
Hey, I'll buy them for your 1.25 each. :P