Railroad Forums 

• matt k. rose (CEO OF BNSF)

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#784790  by Great Northern

do you think that matt has done a good job with running the burlington northern santa fe railway, or do you think he should do better, since even though i dont know the guy just with his speeches and pictures he looks like a really nice guy, could be wrong though?
and since warren buffet purchased bnsf, is he the ceo, or is matt still going to stay the ceo?
i know that i might have mentioned this before but was wondering (the second question) whether or not, because i heard that warren will take over for now, and once he retires matt will take over again?
 #784894  by GN 599

Matt Rose is still CEO and will be for the forseeable future. TRAINS, Railway Age, Progressive Railroading magazines to name a few have all done interviews with Mr. Rose and Mr. Buffett. I would suggest finding one and reading it and you will be informed on what has transpired the last couple of months. Since these articles appeared earlier this year you could obtain a back issue or maybe read them on line. Mr. Buffett has said Mr. Rose will continue operate the company as he has been doing since he became CEO.
 #784935  by Gilbert B Norman

One of Warren's maxims in investing ts that in addition to bricks, mortar, and SD-70 locomotives, is that he is buying the expertise of the incumbent management team. He clearly has a track record of not "micromanaging' his companies.

Related discussion:

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 49&t=66461