Railroad Forums 

• Marion, Ohio Roundhouse

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#321578  by drober05

Hello,

Does anyone know where I might obtain a picture or any other information regarding the Erie Roundhouse that was in Marion, Ohio? I know it was still there in 1919 but I'm not sure when it was destroyed. I was surprised not to be able to find any info on the Internet about it.

An interesting note: I happened to go to Google maps and looked up a map of Marion, Ohio. When the satelite view is selected, you can clearly see where the roundhouse once stood. It must be the foundation of the roundhouse still present in the RR yard on the west side of town. Very fascinating to see a sattelite photo pinpointing the location of a structure that no longer exists.

Dave R.
Flint, MI