Railroad Forums 

• many many pics

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#496722  by timekeeper

hi there;
I am new to this site and am not quite sure where to post my pics of what i have rescued from disposal.

recently our office in poco has been moved.
the buildings and structures ppl used to store their bluprints for drafting and such at our office and when they found out that we were moving came in took what they wanted and said the rest was garbage.
Me beeing a 3rd gen railroader and a bit of a horder just could not see this stuff going in the garbage.

So i grabed what i could store at my house and now my pc room is full.
I have literally thousands of structure and crossing pics of the abandoned hope - princeton line as well as the old osoyos line ( some from helicopter and some that were taken via vehicle.
I have 3 boxes of arial shots from vancouver to osoyos./
books telling me when building were constructed, what type of material, how much it cost and when they were demolished.
I have one original linen that is a track profile of the cascade and thomson sub (very old) as well as 2 land grant maps of the old E&N line on the island.

anyone interested please get ahold of me or if you know anyone.

#496732  by Komachi

Mr. Timekeeper,

Speaking as a historian (I hold a degree and am the current VP of my hometown historical society), I would suggest contacting various historical groups to see if they'd be interested.

The linen in particular I would suggest go to the Canadian Pacific historical society/association.

That is what I would do if I were to fall into such a collection of materials.

#496736  by timekeeper

well i called a couple of places and all i get is "we will give you a tx receipt and if it is over $1,000 we have to get it apraised" so you are welcome to donate it.....
 #636852  by 142locoman

I was wondering if you can find out or if you have any CPR steam pics of locomotives # 972 and 1098 both CPR 4-6-0s. I used to be with a tourist outfit in Jim Thorpe Pa. who ran these 2 lokes at different times than each other and I was wondering if there were any available pics of these 2 engines in their CPR livery and freight hauling days?