Railroad Forums 

• Manchester-Lawrence still in use (Freight Discussion)?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1368587  by Jackinbox1

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:
CRail wrote:
Rockingham Racer wrote:Being a former native of that area, I would be very interested to know more specifics on the massive transportation upgrades. Are you talking public transit, or highways?
You can't be a former native, you're either a native or you aren't. 93 is a big one, Boston Express service, Route 3 in MA is another (serves the Nashua region), funding to NNEPRA, expression in freight rail interest (F-Line will try and convince you that an RFP proves they don't want what they were seeking a bidder for), Nashua/Manchester commuter rail proposals... Derry was woods when I lived there, current highly developed main drags were thickly wooded side streets and connectors. I don't even recognize it when I go back. Southern NH is not the rural pasture it used to be. The highway infrastructure is proving very insufficient, and the sprawl isn't over. It takes some serious short sighted thinking to be blind to what's going on. It's not unwise to doubt the M&L, but it's not feasible to understand the already decades old trend and stubbornly insist that it's conceptually impossible. Put your crystal balls away now, they're broken.
*, are you capable of posting at all without making a personal attack? Grow up, please.
Isn't that an contradictory statement? You talk to him about personal attacks, then tell him to grow up.

Oh, the
 #1368674  by MEC407

Guys, I think we're done here.

It's been fun!
40322.jpg
40322.jpg (119.6 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
 #1368678  by Jeff Smith

^Love it.

And because I'm the COO, I get the last word. It's theoretically possible if the line has been rail-banked with a Certificate of Interim Use. It's still next to impossible. And unlikely, given that the operator felt the need to abandon it anyway AND pull up the rails. If the steel remains, yes.
Jackinbox1 wrote:
eustis22 wrote:welp....

http://www.eagletribune.com/news/new_ha ... 2cc0f.html
Just because a corridor is becoming a trail doesn't mean it will prevent the rail from coming back.