Railroad Forums 

• Maersk containers--where are they seen?

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#418898  by Conrail1990

Any body know what railroad carries the Maresk containers or where they are mostly seen.(besides shipping yards)

#418909  by DutchRailnut

Mearsk carries about 50% or more of worlds containers by ship but don't think for moment that most Containers say Mearsk on them.

#419575  by wis bang

Maersk bought out Sealand & P & O NedLloyd...they are the largest container carrier in the world. MRKU should be their container reporting mark but you still see P & O too...plus they may transport more of other peoples containers as NVOCC's & 3PL's will lease from anyone...They have the old Sealand pier [berth 88] in Port Newark...

#419637  by David Benton

Its one of the most common containers here in New Zealand , (old P&O lines to the "motherland") , but been caught up fast by the Chinese shipping line , the name of which escapes me at the moment .
 #422436  by 2nd trick op

Maersk is descended from a Danish enterprise, and its origins go back to the late Nineteenth Century, but globalization has encouraged its expansion into a far more diverse operation. Here's a link to the relevant listing on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.P._Moller-Maersk_Group

#422892  by Steve F45

i see a few maersk containers around here in nnj. ns croxton yard today had quiet a few.

#426153  by lakeshoredave

CSX Train Q112 has had a lot of Maersk containers lately. Maersk also sponsors pro golfer Thomas Bjorn.

#426199  by GOLDEN-ARM

I saw two, yesterday. (do I win a prize? :P )

#427886  by cifn2

I have saw some in IL, they are being pulled by a company from St. Louis, MO called Affton Trucking, commonly seen in the Dupo UP yard, not sure if UP transports them or Affton just contracts with rail companies for intermodals. I have never seen any on UP trains.

#427954  by powerpro69

I see them all the time aroung Houston.
 #447904  by JuKayes

You will see a ton of them here in Houston, in fact just the other day, my conductor and I dog caught a stack train loaded with 'em..

UP Glidden Sub around Stella Link.... Coming in to Houston from Temple... Originated Los Angeles Harbor...

#448155  by Noel Weaver

Florida East Coast.
Noel Weaver

#448255  by scharnhorst

Maersk used to be a common site across New York State along with anouther company called CAST but both have been serpassed by MSC, China Shipping, and Humburg SUD so far.

#448985  by Raritan Express

Saw a lot on a train (CSX? NS?) on the ex-LV line in NJ at Hunter yesterday.