Railroad Forums 

• M&E Bridges

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#56051  by Sandy Burton

Both new bridges on the Whippany line are back in service as of today. :-D

Sandy
 #56110  by njt4172

Sandy Burton wrote:Both new bridges on the Whippany line are back in service as of today. :-D

Sandy
Great news Sandy! :-D I'm assuming the line is now up to FRA specs. from Whippany to Eisenhower parkway???

Steve

#56134  by denvillerailfan

Awsome! I had a friend tell me that "A big red engine and about 10 black tank cars" were crossing Eisenhower Prkwy when he went to Quick-Chek for lunch...
488(? I think) went down to Whippany today also. I saw it at Merry Ln about 1pm, the rear headlight was on but I had no time to stop. :-( I Guess I just missed both... SOS.

Can't wait 'til this weekend, I hope they take us over the bridges. I will be very dissapointed if they don't. Ahh, who am I kidding, I'll love it either way. Would be the icing on the cake though....