Railroad Forums 

• M&E ALCOs

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#233443  by Luther Brefo

Does the M&E still have any ALCOs and if so which ones and where do they run?

I know the LA&L bought a few from the M&E but wasn't sure what had happened to the rest.
 #233449  by Sandy Burton

Luther,

The M&E still has all of their other Alcos. Most of them are here in New Jersey. In Maine there is one C-424 #4228 and on M420 whose number I don't recall at the moment and does not seem to be used much, if at all. There are several C-424s active in New Jersey. Right now #18 and #19, ex TPW units, are in Morristown. Others work Bayway Refinery or are leased to Tropicana for inplant switching. There also is a C-425 that I believe is currently stored in Morristown awaiting some repairs. (I will have to double check that.) Also one of the former Erie Mining RS-11s is serviceable, one has been scrapped, and the rest are still stored. They also have an RS-1 that is not in service at the present time. Oh, and there is one more M-420 stored in New Jersey.

Previously they had an S-4 #14 and an RS-1 #15 but they have been gone for a long time.

Sandy

#233590  by BlockLine_4111

Didn't one of them freeze up and Mike has a part or two as collectable relics? :wink:
 #233630  by Luther Brefo

Sandy Burton wrote:Luther,

The M&E still has all of their other Alcos. Most of them are here in New Jersey. In Maine there is one C-424 #4228 and on M420 whose number I don't recall at the moment and does not seem to be used much, if at all. There are several C-424s active in New Jersey. Right now #18 and #19, ex TPW units, are in Morristown. Others work Bayway Refinery or are leased to Tropicana for inplant switching. There also is a C-425 that I believe is currently stored in Morristown awaiting some repairs. (I will have to double check that.) Also one of the former Erie Mining RS-11s is serviceable, one has been scrapped, and the rest are still stored. They also have an RS-1 that is not in service at the present time. Oh, and there is one more M-420 stored in New Jersey.

Previously they had an S-4 #14 and an RS-1 #15 but they have been gone for a long time.

Sandy
Thanks! :)
 #234149  by General

Sandy Burton wrote:Luther,

Sandy
There is also the M-630 that is stored with the M-420 in NJ.