Railroad Forums 

• LVRR Wood Caboose for sale, Auction October 10 in PA.

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#724304  by scottychaos

I just recieved this info via email:

Public Auction
LVRR CABOOSE
RR items, Antiques
Sat. Oct 10, 9:30 AM

7690 Dresher RD, Kempton, PA 19529 (NW of Steinsville. Follow signs from Rt 143 in Wanamakers)
Railroad Items
Original Lehigh Valley Railroad wooden CABOOSE
P&R and PRR RR lanterns
Switch lanterns
RR Crossing & Whistle signs
Handmade 100 yr old Loco/tender model
HO Access.
Lionel Boxcar
Old TRAIN magazines
Steel train weathervane
Cast iron trains
McCormick train decanter set
Plus many items not listed

Terms – Cash, Approved check, Visa, M/C, Dis
Selling for Susan Bleiler

Conducted by Zettlemoyer Auction Co.,

Photos and more info at: www.zettauction.com

I dont think this caboose is listed on the surviving LV cabooses list:
http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychao ... umber.html
anyone know its story?

photos of the caboose are here:

http://tinyurl.com/ycwjoxo

Scot
 #725696  by GOLDEN-ARM

i sent off an email, to the owner of the auction house, and received the following response:
Hi, Dave.
That number is 97566. The caboose has been set up on this private location for over 30 years. It was set up by the current owners grandfather. The history she remembers her grandfather telling is that the caboose was originally a baggage car for LVRR and they sent it to the Sayre Big Shops to be converted to a caboose it was then used until it was retired. Her grandfather bought it and had it delivered by rail to Kempton, PA by rail and then trucked to the house. She found several B & W photos taken when the caboose was delivered and set up, I hope this answers your questions.
So, if this is correct, you have another number, Scot...... :-D