Railroad Forums 

• LV gasoline derrick barge #480

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#395508  by blue198

remove
Last edited by blue198 on Wed May 16, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

#398699  by GOLDEN-ARM

Methinks CARFLOATER, with his vast nautical collection, would be the one to seek............ :wink:

#399104  by CAR_FLOATER

[quote="GOLDEN-ARM"]Methinks CARFLOATER, with his vast nautical collection, would be the one to seek............ :wink:[/quote]

Long since having done so, I really do appreciate you considering me as "the scource"!

CF

P.S. - The pedigree of the craft has been confirmed as LV, and yes, I do have a photo in my archives.....Sadly though, the recent Nor'easter did a number on the lighter, so inclusion to Scot's LV Surviors roster may be questionable at best.
 #399143  by blue198

2 different barges. #480 is currently sitting in Maryland.

Steve

#399220  by GOLDEN-ARM

See, CF IS the GURU of all things nautical, around the NJ/NYC harbor area...... :wink: We don't call him LV-3, for nothing.......... :-D

#399265  by CAR_FLOATER

Gentlemen....

G-A, once again, thank you! ;^)

Scot - #480 is (was) a wooden gasoline derick lighter, and #79 is a wooden covered barge.
Already in bad shape when found, #480 took a beating from the Nor'easter, making it's salvage impossible.
As for it's age, I believe it may pre-date barge #79, as #480 and it's kin were listed on my 1939 equipment roster, but the barges were not listed seperately by number, but rather lumped together by type and construction. I'll have to check my 1910 equipment roster.

CF