Railroad Forums 

• looking for info on toledo yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#211355  by brooklynants

Hi all, I'm new to the boards, it's really great. I have a 3 year old son who is totally into trains, so we are getting more into it together. I have a couple of questions. I grew up around two train yard in Toledo.( I live in Brooklyn now, haven't been in Toledo since I was a kid.) One was in Point Plce off of I 75, I beleive that one is Lang yard. The other is/was around the General Mills and Teledyne Cae plants, off of, was it called Alexis road. Does anyone knowthe name of this yrd and if it is still in use. Also, any video's or pics of these yards? this brings back so many memories, it's great. thank's guys!

#211474  by chessie8212

Welcome to the board!

The only yard that was directly off of Alexis Rd was the former DT&I yard in north Toledo.

I have a great map that I can send to you if you'd like. It's too large to post on these forums, but it shows all of the rails in the Toledo area in the 1930's and 40's. It has all yards, tracks, stations, roundhouses, junctions and even many of the industries on the different routes.

Contact me at [email protected] if you are interested, I'll email a copy of it to you.