• Looking for advice on changing RR's

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Acela150

Hi all,

I currently work for a Class I RR. I've been with this RR for some time. I'm a CO and looking to switch over to Amtrak. I am qualified on Amtrak trackage as well as other key Amtrak qualifications. Such as AMT-2, NORAC. I do put my qualifications in the apps for Amtrak CO jobs. While I certainly understand that Amtrak gets hundreds, if not thousands of apps for CO jobs, do my qualifications give me a "leg up" on other applicants? I am being patient I don't expect it to happen right away. But is there any advice that one can give me on applications, or tips on how to break in with Amtrak?

If you prefer you can PM me.

Thanks.
  by mvb119

I think it really depends on where you are hiring. Every hiring manager and HR office is different. Even as an internal applicant, there are certain areas where I always got calls and certain areas where they never gave me the light of day. All in all, if you don't get a call the first time, just keep trying.