Railroad Forums 

• looking for a place to sell ho scale

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1312787  by AMK0123

I am in the process of trying to break down my ho scale layout. Was wondering if anyone knew of any hobby shops in the NY, NJ, or CT area that buy used ho scale trains and equipment. I have several CSX engines, numerous rolling stock, buildings, scenery, digitrax controller, etc. All in good condition. Didn't really want to individually put everything on ebay. Thanks for any suggestions.
 #1312810  by cnj1524

There are brick & mortar shops but you have to keep in mind they have to make a profit too,just dont be
surprised with a very lowball price,try posting some stuff on here if you dont want to use ebay,also consignment
at a hobby shop would be about 30% or more
 #1312836  by AMK0123

Thanks for the info. I will attempt to contact some of the stores. I know I will never get the hundreds of dollars that I put into it but was looking to get something back. I hate to get rid of them but I don't have the time or the money to continue. If anyone on the sight is interested I have a CSX Atlas MP15dc, CSX Dash 8-40CW, and a CSX SD70Ace. Also have numerous rolling stock from boxcars to cover hoppers, open hoppers, tanks cars, and misc trucks and construction equipment, backhoe,(2) excavators, bulldozer. If anyone else is interested please send me an email and any other suggestions are welcome.
P.S. I would also consider selling my 4X10 layout in full, including bldgs, track, switches, and scenery.
 #1313473  by ApproachMedium

The Model Railroad shop in Piscataway deals with consignment of used trains. You may want to give them a call. They probably wont take the whole layout but turnouts, buildings, vehicles and trains will sell.