Railroad Forums 

• Longview Tx Train Service?

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#457279  by CDO120

I posted a similar question in the employment forum, I didn't get quite the answer I was looking for. What I would like to know is how busy the train crew boards are in Longview? Or any other information anyone is willing to share about operations in Longview? I'm considering relocating from the westcoast and don't want to be immediately furloughed. I just passed the reading test.
Last edited by CDO120 on Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

#457460  by UPRR engineer

RR.net doesnt have members spread all over the UP system. Hard to say what could happen there buddy. If your scared of becoming layed off for any amount of time during your first five years...
 #457880  by as76021

CDO120 wrote:I posted a similar question in the employment forum, I didn't get quite the answer I was looking for. What I would like to know is how busy the train crew boards are in Longview? Or any other information anyone is willing to share about operations in Longview? I'm considering relocating from the westcoast and don't want to be immediately furloughed. I just passed the reading test.

Thanks, WW
I almost applied there but Fort Worth opened up which is very close to where I live thank God. The only thing I know about Longview was that it would make runs to Dallas/Fort Worth which was cool with me since thats where I live.

#458552  by mtr

i wish i could just get a phone call from them.

#458587  by as76021

mtr wrote:i wish i could just get a phone call from them.
Did you already pass the "TEST"?

#458642  by mtr

as76021 wrote:
havent even had a chance to go take it, I want that chance to go test.

#458814  by as76021

mtr wrote:
as76021 wrote:
havent even had a chance to go take it, I want that chance to go test.
hmm I dont know what to say I believe alot of people have applied which means they are testing every week for awhile :-D

#461936  by CDO120

Thanks for everyones responses, just got invited to hiring session.

#461944  by mtr

CDO120 wrote:Thanks for everyones responses, just got invited to hiring session.
how long after the reading test did you get the call?

#462043  by as76021

mtr wrote:
CDO120 wrote:Thanks for everyones responses, just got invited to hiring session.
how long after the reading test did you get the call?
It took me 2 1/2 weeks.

#462051  by CDO120

2 weeks

#465115  by Otto Vondrak

Geez, some of this could be handled in PM's between the two of you, ya know. We don't all need in on your personal back-and-forth conversations. :-/

=otto=

#465160  by as76021

Otto Vondrak wrote:Geez, some of this could be handled in PM's between the two of you, ya know. We don't all need in on your personal back-and-forth conversations. :-/

=otto=
hahaha sorry

#465690  by Cowtown-TP250

If you get hired on and pass all examintions. You may wanna work out of FT.Worth hub. You wont be able to hold Longview. Try Sheveport or Texarkana. Longview is part of the FTW hub but not. Hard to explain. Trainman wise, the FTW service unit strecthes from FTW to west to Pecos. East to Mesquite. South to Smithville,Hearne,and Taylor. North to Chickasha OK, and Witcha Kansas and Mcalsester OK. Engineers wise all the above and Longview hub and a big part of Louisana, to Liviona.
 #481724  by hattrick

basically be prepared to do a lot of driving and moving around like a gypsie for the first few years. I know guys who hired in FTW and have to go to Oklahoma for several months out of the year.