Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1257927  by Thomas

Fan Railer wrote:I'll buy into the Harrison station replacement when I see construction begin.
It's going to happen because Governor Christie's BROTHER is involved with the real estate development near the Harrison Station. ANOTHER conflict of interest...
 #1257935  by 25Hz

Fan Railer wrote: I'll buy into the Harrison station replacement when I see construction begin.
Um, ok?

http://www.panynj.gov/path/harrisonredevelopment.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And, the station needs replacing, it is functionally obsolete and not ADA compliant, plus the whole 10 car trains thing, has nothing to do with krispy kreme or his brother,
 #1257993  by Thomas

"plus the whole 10 car trains thing, has nothing to do with krispy kreme or his brother,[/quote]

Not according to the Wall Street Journal...
 #1258002  by morris&essex4ever

25Hz wrote:
Fan Railer wrote: I'll buy into the Harrison station replacement when I see construction begin.
Um, ok?

http://www.panynj.gov/path/harrisonredevelopment.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And, the station needs replacing, it is functionally obsolete and not ADA compliant, plus the whole 10 car trains thing, has nothing to do with krispy kreme or his brother,
Why would a donut company have anything to do with a PATH station??!!
 #1258017  by Fan Railer

25Hz wrote:
Um, ok?

What's your point? There is NO information on the progress tab, and the only thing that seems to have been available for the last 4 or so years have been the renderings. PA hasn't even made public a timeline for construction, so I still stand by my original point. No point in getting over-hyped until they actually break ground on this thing.
 #1258056  by BigUglyCat

morris&essex4ever wrote:
25Hz wrote:
Um, ok?

Why would a donut company have anything to do with a PATH station??!!
I, too, am still wondering about the donuts. :P
 #1258310  by 25Hz

Donutgate?

I unnerstan bout no timeline. But their proposal is still real. I suspect grove street will happen/start first.
 #1258320  by morris&essex4ever

So Grove Street will be the first station to give out Krispy Kreme donuts?
 #1258462  by lirr42

Fan Railer wrote:I'll buy into the Harrison station replacement when I see construction begin.
I was shown around the project site myself in early January. Work is very much underway.
 #1258667  by R36 Combine Coach

Thomas wrote:
It's going to happen because Governor Christie's BROTHER is involved with the real estate development near the Harrison Station. ANOTHER conflict of interest...
Todd, who was involved in several scandals (including insider trading) himself?
 #1258695  by 25Hz

How many 10 car trains can run now given the schedule and car numbers on property? Will an expansion order be needed, or has that been taken care of?
 #1262146  by ryanov

Does it even matter? From the look of Harrison, I gotta imagine it's 10 cars or so.
 #1262148  by lirr42

I believe the current station is eight, but the new one will definitely be 10.
 #1262826  by 25Hz

lirr42 wrote:I believe the current station is eight, but the new one will definitely be 10.
I know, let's make it a 40 car station, with mall overbuild, income from that goes to a donut factory, then ship the donuts via box cars to grove street for distribution...??

Sorry, it's been a long few days. ;)

I say contact PA press office for deets on publicly available info, some of which may not be on the website.
 #1262892  by Thomas

25Hz wrote:I know, let's make it a 40 car station, with mall overbuild, income from that goes to a donut factory, then ship the donuts via box cars to grove street for distribution...??
But what happens if the Port Authority becomes angry and shuts down PATH service two months before an election?!