Railroad Forums 

• Long Island coach arrives at HVRM

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#540859  by JasonA

Yes, it is 467. It will be restored to the as deliverd paint job with the large numbers on the radiator shutters. It will probably move later this summer to the HVRM, The only changes will be that it will ride on roller bearings instead of friction bearings. More info later.

This was taken last week.

#541068  by JasonA

All the pictures I took that day are here:

http://bob.roeske.us/webpictures/trains/real/rs1/

The location is in southern Indiana. Due to the issue of theft and trespassing, I am not going to give out the location. They are having a big problem with this.

In addition to the RS1, there is a Candian built Century, 2 SW1200s, one complete and one gutted, and 4 B23-7s. One of the SW1200s is in pretty decent shape, and everything else is pretty much junk. The Century would be the 3rd best of the bunch.

I have a few pics of the Century here:

http://bob.roeske.us/webpictures/trains/real/century/

Jason

#541608  by jayrmli

WOW, that car is in great shape! I wish the cars at my museum looked as good as that one(the inside)
They all look about the same - until you pull the floor up and see there's not much left there.

Jay

#542104  by Fla East Coast Chris

The coach is a smooth rider... Maybe your roadbed is in good condition but try going through Mineola at 65 MPH Badabing !!!! Boom !!!! Yes the 2900's were a good riding car. Also try doing that in a 2700 low number zip car riding over the trucks you spill your cocktail all over yourself...
 #543030  by midwest fred

The 2937 is in excellent condition overall, we would not have considered saving her if the body and floor were shot. Many were worse than others, this one is in great shape.
First big task was swappng out the wheelsets, we did that last fall. The KCS did a nice job of sliding the wheels flat on her way out to the Midland Railway. The body work won't be bad, and if the replacement window gaskets work, the new glass windows will look great with the aluminum sashes polished up like they were originally. The body only has some smaller patches needed, I am sure Jason at HVRM will do his normal excellent metalwork ! The engine repairs were completed over the Memorial Day weekend, engine runs fine, still working some electrical bugs out. No big deal.....

The best part of the deal is that everyone is working together for the long-term restoration and preservation of the car. The Museum gets the benefit of a year-round all weather car at very low cost compared to the alternatives. The "leasing company" owners get the benefit of riding a restored LIRR car at a decent speed down the tracks. It is a great partnership, and we are happy to be working with the HVRM guys - they are all great people ! Should be even more fun when the 467 gets there.....

Fred.