Railroad Forums 

• Long-hood forward problems

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#7672  by Lake State ALCohaulic

I'm having trouble running long-hood forward in MSTS. When I decouple and try to pull apart the car from my engine, it couples again! Does my problem have anything to do with the "front coupler bug?" Is it possible to run my engines long-hood forward in MSTS at all?

#7696  by trainfreak

Is the locomotive that you are using default? I know the default GP38-2 has that problem and i think there might be a fix for it somewhere i just cant remember where.
 #8018  by Lake State ALCohaulic

I have the problem with all locos.

#8039  by keeper1616

by defult in the original version, the front couplers did not work. the official patch on the MS site fixes this, as well as many other bugs. I highly recommend upgrading to the latest version.

#8387  by XRails

Even the patch is only a half measure. MSTS is riddled with bugs due to a rushed development and the front coupler bug is one of the more famous ones.