Railroad Forums 

• Locomotive Footplate Passes

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#201425  by UKrailwayman

Hopefully this is the right forum ?

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to get a locomotive footplate pass (driving cab pass ?) to ride on North American railroads?

I am planning to visit America soon hand I am trying to find out what the possibility is of getting an official locomotive ride.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

#201455  by LCJ

You will need to directly contact the railroad company in question. They all have different policies about this. The minimum requirement will be your signature on an iron-clad waiver of liability -- and possibly a background check. The current climate of terrorism anxiety does not bode well for you, I fear. Good luck, and welcome to America!

#201537  by CSX Conductor

As LCJ stated above, you will have a hard time. Mostly all railroads probit people from being on locomotives, except for business purposes.

#201653  by UKrailwayman

OK Thanks guys.

#203451  by SnoozerZ49

UK, please check your "PM"

#205842  by Englishrailwayman

SnoozerZ49
Please will you check your PM
Thanks
(UKrailwayman)
 #909103  by Laudenmd

I am trying to locate the person using the name of "SNOOZERZ49". He stated in the forum, Lykens valley Branch
that he was the conductor on the last train from Elizabethville, Pa to Millersburg, Pa. If possible I would like to contact
him via email. He joined the web page on June 23, 2004. I lived next to that railroad until about 1971.

Marvin Laudenslager
[email protected]