Railroad Forums 

• LIRR Superintendents of Transportation List

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1587611  by Kelly&Kelly

Two individuals would not issue train orders during the same course of time. There must be a single authority to avoid confusion and ambiguity. (There's none of that on the LIRR.)

Bob Carbaugh signed orders for a very short period of time until it was publicized that he lacked qualification on the Book of Rules. He was proceeded and then succeeded by Charlie Powers, Sr. who rose up the ranks from Chief Clerk.
 #1587649  by nyandw

Kelly&Kelly wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:50 pm Two individuals would not issue train orders during the same course of time. There must be a single authority to avoid confusion and ambiguity. (There's none of that on the LIRR.)

Bob Carbaugh signed orders for a very short period of time until it was publicized that he lacked qualification on the Book of Rules. He was proceeded and then succeeded by Charlie Powers, Sr. who rose up the ranks from Chief Clerk.
Thank you. Anyone can date ROBERT E. CARBAUGH's tenure?
 #1587884  by Train dispatcher

I don't remember exact date but I can fill in the blanks as I used to issue orders with these initials. The first Supt I remember although he was gone when I hired on in 1973, was Barney Bowers aka BGB. The Supt when I hired on was Joseph Valder aka JCV. After Valder came Larry Dixon LWD. Charlie Powers, CWP was next followed by REC Bob Carbaugh and so forth as listed above. Hope this helps.