Railroad Forums 

• LIRR Corona Meadows (Queens)

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1591902  by Speonkwest1

Rich: as far as I know Corona yard is no more therefore no scrapping of LIRR cars. As a matter of fact most of the industry that was located in that area is gone. Just to the west of those business are is now the location of Citi Field home of the NN Mets.

As an aside years ago you were building a C420. Was it finished and is it used.

Thks,

RPJ
 #1592017  by RGlueck

My word, yes! I have constructed quite a few 1/8th scale railroad cars, but ere you see Long Island ALCO C420 #206 and LIRR caboose #43. I've also included a photo of a BAR potato refrigerator car (which is used to keep lunches and drinks cold) and a CNR wooden boxcar. My backyard railroad is planned to be finished as a continuous loop this summer. It will be about 1200' in circuit. Two years ago, I build an engine house where the C 420 is stored. My travel power is a coal fired Reading A5a 0-4-0 steam locomotive. I am presently completing an ALCO FA1 in CNR paint, in my shop.
my buddy Pete (Odd Duck) Grant is seen riding the P54 riding coach.

#1622957  by FrankAndCindy

Dear sirs,I found the pictures of the caboose and locomotive really nice. I have a question. I also built a small size caboose in my yard. I would like permission to post a picture of my caboose? I'm not sure how to do it, maybe someone could help me. Respectually Frank and Cindy