Railroad Forums 

• Lionel MPC 8563 Rock Island Alco Issues

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1446669  by rrbluesman

I just received in the mail today an 8563 Rock Island Alco from the Lionel MPC era. I have never owned any MPC diesels before. I test ran it and it is a solid runner, however it always seems to tip and fall off of the tracks on O-31 and O-27 curves. The engine feels off balance in the hand, I tested it at speeds between 10 and 14 on the KW transformer. Is this a common problem for these engines? What is a good way to correct it? Thanks!

-Ed