Railroad Forums 

• Line from Upper Bay Bridge to Oak Island?

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#844518  by photorailfan

I would like to know the name of the line that runs over the upper bay bridge to oak island. On researching, i found nothing. The shared assets part of north jersey seems to be a confusing network to research.
 #844674  by Noel Weaver

Upper Bay Bridge, former PRR to Greenville and LV to the National Docks Branch.
Noel Weaver
 #844779  by photorailfan

Thank you for the information. The reason why i asked is because i passeed through the area a few years ago and unexpectedly saw a train crossing the bridge. I wanted to label the image correctly. Thought i might share a picture. Enjoy!!!!
 #844796  by photorailfan

Thanks but unfortunatly, when i made a large print i found that it was very grainy. The origional was film scanned in to the computer. Old technology doesn't mix to well with digital. I wonder, how many trains pass over the bridge a day?